Saturday, May 03, 2008

blogger is a fusspot

Every so often it decides it doesn't want to let me in. I have to leave comments on other peoples' blogs as "anonymous" and it asks me for my password, etc. before it will even let me get to my own page. BUT - here I am. Spent a couple of evenings and today taking care of grandkids and daughter who just had a bit of surgery, then ran to visit my mother. It was great to spend time with Hilary, even though she wasn't feeling great -- and with Josh and Ben, for a change. However, I am glad to be home; a martini & steak dinner and a hot shower have done wonders -- and a strong cup of coffee is next.

Tomorrow I am taking a workshop instead of giving one: a luxury I don't give myself too often. Judy Langille and I are spending the day with n'ketiah Brakohiapa, a master dyer and surface designer originally from Ghana. Tuesday, I'm leaving again to teach a workshop, and the week after, I'm off to International Quilt Market in Portland. I expect to have time for at least a drink with Terry Grant! Gerrie - I'll catch you next time.


So, I am going to make coffee and put my feet up to read The Friday Night Knitting Club, a no-brainer, completely predictable airplane book. Exactly what I need. I started it last night and it was such a pleasure to be drawn into a book. I knew it was silly and didn't care. Tonight, I will read some more. This is on my design wall: product of last week's studio days.
If I can take pix at tomorrow's class, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Susie Monday said...

Can't wait to hear about the workshop and n'ketiah's work. Thanks, susie

Karoda said...

I googled the designer you're taking the workshop from...where does he sell his clothing? Looking forward to seeing what you come away with from the class.

I've moved my blog

Follow me over to     https://rgillman.wixsite.com/studio78/blog  , subscribe to get the updated posts, and please leave me a comment (a...