Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Welcome to Portland

I slept for most of the flight, after having gotten up at 3:30 a.m. Happily, the plane was not full and I was able to get an aisle seat in the exit row- plenty of leg room. Even better, the center seat was empty and the window seat was occupied by someone going to Market -- and we discovered we have common acquaintances. Of course!

The weather is iffy here - gray and chilly. Can I believe them when they claim the rest of the week will be in the 80's and 90's? This is the view from my hotel room and I think the sun is coming out.

While I was waiting for my room to be ready I went in search of lunch and an Office Depot, where I could have more business cards printed because I did not bring enough. In a little while, Anna Faustino, another author and I, are going to head over to the convention center to get our badges and say hello to the C&T people while they are setting up their booth. She in napping; I am talking to you.

I called Terry Grant when I arrived and if we can coordinate our schedules, we hope to have breakfast tomorrow before I go over to the convention center.

I am 3 hours ahead so I'll try to adjust before I need to be perky and lively tomorrow! I'll check back with you when I can.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Personally, I hope the weather folks are wrong. I am about 215 miles up the Columbia from PDX and it is supposed to be 96 here - yuk! I hope you have a wonderful time in PDX, it is one of my favorite cities with lots of fun things to see and do. Cheers

j.dávila said...

Uh oh, should I re-pack? I just threw short-sleeve shirts and tanks in my suitcase. Hot or cold? Which way to go?? Maybe I'll throw a jacket in there too.

Judy said...

I agree with Jeannie: Portland is one of my favorite cities too.
Hope you and Terry can get together.
Have fun!

xo

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...