Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Welcome to Portland

I slept for most of the flight, after having gotten up at 3:30 a.m. Happily, the plane was not full and I was able to get an aisle seat in the exit row- plenty of leg room. Even better, the center seat was empty and the window seat was occupied by someone going to Market -- and we discovered we have common acquaintances. Of course!

The weather is iffy here - gray and chilly. Can I believe them when they claim the rest of the week will be in the 80's and 90's? This is the view from my hotel room and I think the sun is coming out.

While I was waiting for my room to be ready I went in search of lunch and an Office Depot, where I could have more business cards printed because I did not bring enough. In a little while, Anna Faustino, another author and I, are going to head over to the convention center to get our badges and say hello to the C&T people while they are setting up their booth. She in napping; I am talking to you.

I called Terry Grant when I arrived and if we can coordinate our schedules, we hope to have breakfast tomorrow before I go over to the convention center.

I am 3 hours ahead so I'll try to adjust before I need to be perky and lively tomorrow! I'll check back with you when I can.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Personally, I hope the weather folks are wrong. I am about 215 miles up the Columbia from PDX and it is supposed to be 96 here - yuk! I hope you have a wonderful time in PDX, it is one of my favorite cities with lots of fun things to see and do. Cheers

jane dávila said...

Uh oh, should I re-pack? I just threw short-sleeve shirts and tanks in my suitcase. Hot or cold? Which way to go?? Maybe I'll throw a jacket in there too.

Judy said...

I agree with Jeannie: Portland is one of my favorite cities too.
Hope you and Terry can get together.
Have fun!

xo

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...