This piece has been sitting on my wall for a few weeks and this afternoon, taking a break from something that required too much concentration, I finally stitched it. It is mounted on black cotton, which you probably won't see because I am going to stretch this piece around a 12" gallery wrapped canvas. I've used them all up so have to go to Jerry's tomorrow and buy more in this size. I have to admit it looks different, stitched. And as I sit in my chair and look at it from across the room I am pleased with it. Not only did it make itself, I was able to use up some of that pink fabric I dislike so much. It conjures up any number of things to me -- but I have to wait till it tells me its name.
Rifling around looking for green fabric, I found this piece which I shall not cut up. Thiox through screens, which took out some - but not all -- of the color underneath. I suspect there was too much turq. in that base color. Needs another layer, but I'm not printing these days. OTOH - I plan to spend a couple of hours in the studio tomorrow, so I will at least take it with me and leave it there till I am ready to deal with it. There are too many other things in line ahead of it.
P.S. - as of my bedtime, only 49 more people to get to the 200,000th. Leave a comment and an e-mail contact just in case it's you.