Saturday, January 14, 2006

stuff

Today it was 60 degrees. This is what happens when they put a big article in the paper saying what an unseasonably warm January it has been! Yes, those are snowflakes on my lens and this is the view from my front door at 11:30 Saturday night. The snow is supposed to clear tomorrow,which I hope it does because my friend Linda Colsh from Brussels is flying into Newark Airport . I spent some time in the studio today putting together the piece on the wall. Of course, it never goes together exactly the way you think it will, but it is coming along nicely. And here is a small piece (about 12"x14" unfinished) I put together the other day, which will sit here forever because I cannot decide how to quilt it. What else is new?

Today, we finally hung some of the art that has been sitting around on the floor since we painted a year ago. And tomorrow, I have to get my 30 quilts off the dining room table, rolled up, and stored because I am having house guests and crit meeting here this week. Linda is coming in from Brussels for the opening at the NoHo Gallery in Chelsea, Helene is coming in from Paducah to see Linda -- and she's bringing fabric - hooray! I should have plenty of pictures to post as the week progresses. Now - off to get my beauty sleep...

3 comments:

Joanie Gagnon San Chirico said...

There's no rule that says you HAVE to quilt it, is there? Maybe you need to eliminate that part of it from your work? Think about it.

Lisa said...

Tell Linda that Lisa says hi! We both lived in Monterey at the same time. She's such a talent!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Hi Rayna,

Nice to know it's not just me who is having difficulty quilting stuff! Sometimes that's the hardest part.

Shirley in NZ

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...