Friday, April 14, 2006

name that piece! - part I

Carol Ludington, of the Shoreline Quilters Guild in Branford, CT., sent me this picture of a finished quilt she started last weekend in my Jump-starting Your Next Quilt workshop. She can't decide on a name and asked me which one of two I liked better. Since I liked both, I couldn't decide either. When I asked for permission to post the piece to my blog, she thought it would be a great opportunity to ask for name submissions from all the creative minds out there. I loved the idea!! - So -- take a look and either comment or e-mail me with what pops into your head for a title. I'll post the suggestions on Monday night and we'll see what Carol thinks. In the meantime, many of us are celebrating either Passover or Easter, so I hope you have a good holiday weekend. In either case, we will all have eaten too much, no doubt.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

"April Showers Bring May Flowers" popped into my head :-)

smarcoux said...

Fork in the road

Judy said...

I'd just call it "Gorgeous"!

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Downpour

Mary Beth said...

"reach" was the first thing that popped into my head with "reaching" not far behind.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

"Pacman Escapes" (I like humorous titles)

I love Carol's piece, Rayna, especially the very graphic stripes.

Anonymous said...

I instantly saw the name "Hands all Around" pop into my head the minute i saw the quilt... Thats usually how i name mine, after i hang it on the wall and pick a name or what dear hubbie calls it from sitting on the sofa!!

Anonymous said...

This quilt reminded me of city skyscrapers, a blue sky and a tiny hidden garden where flowers welcomed the rain. So..Rain On City Flowers?

Anonymous said...

"Summer"

Shirley Goodwin said...

"Stairway to Heaven"

Kim said...

It reminds me of a tornado bearing down on a city... I'd call it "Storm Chaser"

Kay said...

Jellyfish Escape or Beam Up the Jellyfish

(After I wrote this I scrolled the whole list and found linda's name--we seem to be on the same wave length)

Anonymous said...

"crowd control"
DonaPav

DejaBlu said...

It reminds me of a tide pool

Anonymous said...

"Chicken Tracks" is the first thing that came to mind.

Anonymous said...

Along the line of Chicken Tracks, the first thing I thought of was Chicken Scratches, incorporating both the chicken like tracks and the line motifs.

Anonymous said...

I see rays from the sun on flowers in a cityscape, so my suggestion would be...."Catching the Rays Downtown".

Anonymous said...

Springtime in Amsterdam, Watering the Tulips, or It's Clambake Time!
...of course I still see jelly fish
Very Nice Piece!!!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Red Rain
Tribbles dance in the rain
Rain Dance Tribbles
The Trouble with Tribbles

Sigh....I need to get a life!

Cheers, Sarah

Ann Morrell said...

Pacman Gone Wild

Deb Hardman said...

'It's a Jungle Out There'. It looks to me like an abstract of a city scape & wild plants.

Anonymous said...

How about............

Red Showers, Blue Flowers!

Cay Denise said...

Hands Across the Water

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...