Sunday, April 02, 2006

hi from CT

I'm staying in beautiful Madison, CT for the weekend, where I'm teaching two workshops. Madison is on the shore of Long Island Sound and this afternoon my host, Jay Gunther, gave me the $100 tour while Mary Anne was preparing a delicious dinner. Earlier in the day, members of the Shoreline Guild and I had a big, fun, playday! We carved our own stamps and the class was a big hit with everybody -- even Mary Anne, for whom this was an entirely new experience. Here's Vivika DeNegre,program co-chair, who printed a prodigious amount of fabric today. The variety was mind-boggling and I've asked everybody to take their fabrics home and heat-set them and when they bring them back tomorrow, hopefully, I'll get some more pictures. My camera stopped working and I am charging the battery overnight in the hope that it will do the trick. If I can get some pictures, I'll post tomorrow.

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

Liz Berg and I are at Art Quilt Claremont. tonight they introduced next year's faculty and no one knew much about you so we filled them in on your incredible talents!!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Looking forward to seeing more photos, Rayna.

KIm said...

This looks like so much fun, Rayna! I wish I were in the States and could come play! Question about the MB test: can I get a copy of it somewhere to give to myself? I thought I did this some time ago but can't find it now and you've got me thinking about it. I'm also fascinated in the workings of the human mind and behaviour.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...