Tuesday, January 31, 2006

focal point

This is a finished piece. Or is it?
It is quilted. It is faced. It is hanging on my wall. It is lively. It is yardage. I can't seem to find the focal point I thought was there when I made the piece. And I'm not sure whether I can fix it or whether I should just name it and leave it alone. It's trying to tell me something, but I don't quite know what. And if it was talking before I finished it, I didn't hear it. If this were your piece, what would you do? Marty said I should just write FOCAL POINT in big letters and draw an arrow pointing to where I want people to look. Ya know, he might just have something there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I turned my laotop upside down and thought maybe the piece is oriented wrong. Just a thought. You could always applique a nice leaf sort if iff center! heh heh!

QuiltingFitzy said...

How about just the arrow...and a dot...minamalistic, lol.

Can't wait to see what's next for this piece! It's exciting!

Anonymous said...

I turned my laptop 90 degrees to the left and liked it that way -- this was my gut reaction as to "what to do with it" even before reading Gerries' post.

Lisa said...

After reading the post about Nancy Eha's new book, how about beading just one area?

Rayna said...

Oh, well, I've had it in every direction - but It doesn't seem to help. I think I actually posted it in every direction a while ago -before I finished it.I'll try it again.

Liz Plummer said...

I agree with Sharon... did these before I read the comments too... so the big cerise splodge is on the bottom left...It seems to have more diagonal movement into the centre then, from the spirals.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...