Saturday, January 07, 2006

studio day

Finally! I got the thing quilted - it only took me thousands of hours - most of the afternoon and evening of slogging along. The stitching is finished and now I have to decide how to finish the edges. You may be able to see it better if you click on it to enlarge-- I am looking at it on my laptop, which is a bit difficult. I stopped binding my quilts years ago, but this may need something and I have an idea I will experiment with tomorrow. Here is a detail. I did take a walk this afternoon, around 4:00. It was COLD! But I put on the sneakers and two sweatshirts and fleece gloves and got my heart rate up. Good thing, too, because we went out for drinks & dinner tonight. Another studio day tomorrow? I hope so.

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Spirals are always a favorite for me. I like the complexity of all these patterns and colors.

Jen said...

Rayna,
This is too gorgeous, I could look at it every day. Have you thought about facing instead of binding? Jen

Rayna said...

Jen, I always face my quilts and yes, I am not going to tamper with the usual routine. Thanks!
I'm enjoying looking at it, too.

gabrielle said...

Is there no end to your talent? The gren-eyed monster has my dolling over how groovy this piece is....slinking off into corner in envy.

Pat Dolan said...

It's gorgeous! I love all the color, movement, and detail creating a shifting depth perception! How big is this piece? Congrats on a job well done, or almost done save for the finishing!

Unknown said...

Yummy!!

Frances said...

coming to your blog when the quilt was finished I decided to read this post after reading the previous one with comments before making a comment and am glad I did, Rayna your work is great and unique so just keeping doing what you do so well, listen to your inner voice and follow your artistic heart, Spirls is gorgeous,
thanks for a lovely early Sunday morning catching up with you on your blog, as you say over there ~ have a nice day ~

Liz Plummer said...

Wow! I love this...

Debra Dixon said...

I haven't been by lately with all that dieting and exercising I am doing. . .but stopped in for a wonderful treat (sans calories) here! I love the way this piece has layers. Very, very cool! (as is all your work!)

big admirer here!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...