Wednesday, November 16, 2005

ok, Gabrielle...

Per your suggestion, I went to work yesterday afternoon to take the sweetness out of the fabric on Monday's blog. I waxed and dyed my little heart out: you can see the before and after, below, plus detail. Much better. I also went back into the one with the spirals. It is better, but still pale - but I am not sure whether I will go back into it, do something with it as is, or cut it up and sell off bits of it. Finally, the piece I am really happy with!! I started with a blecchy pale wisteria green and red blotches I dyed last week. u-g-l-y. This one cheers me up immeasurably. I started out trying to be orderly (notice the ovals, which are in some sort of order. But then I was so bored I couldn't stand it, so the result is what you see. It makes me smile. Another thing that made me smile today was the class I gave in Jump-Starting the Art Quilt. I am constantly amazed at the creativity of people who come to class telling me they are not creative. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures because I ran out WITH camera but WITHOUT smart card, which was still in my little card reader. Not so smart. But one of the people in the class promised to send me jpgs that she took with her camera. For the next two days I plan to be in my studio. Let's see if the plan works. I think I am ready to start something new on my design wall.

7 comments:

Debra said...

I love that you can keep adding layers and color to your fabrics without making it appear muddy!! You are an inspiration.

Rayna said...

Ha. Do you think I would show you the muddy ones?

Debra Dixon said...

I like the "sweet one" and the new and improved one. . .and yes, you should design fabrics for sale.

Anonymous said...

Rayna, you've created some wonderful fabric.

Jen said...

Why not design fabric commercially? Sounds like a good idea to me. Jen

Val said...

You've got some fascinating fabrics here. I like them all. And why not do some commercial designing of fabric. It could be fun!

gabrielle said...

Rayna, my production crew would be deighted to bid on producing your dvd. Just send us an outline of everything you want to have on the dvd and we will return bid asap. Can you believe it I am also the owner of a film production company? Someday hope to make quilts again.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...