I can probably come up with 20 things, but they are probably boring. Nevertheless, here goes:
1. Autumn is my favorite season, although I have decided that I will try to see winter this year from an artist's point of view.
2. I am left-handed but do these things only with my right hand: iron, cut with knife or scissors, dial the phone (dial - ha, am I dating myself??), drink.
3. I dislike sports and animals.
4. I don't have a sweet tooth and never, never eat sweets when I am hungry. But, when I eat sweets, I like my chocolate DARK (like Valharona baking chocolate) and when I eat ice cream, it's Haagen Dazs or nothing.
5. I don't do well in organizations that have rules or require uniforms (no surprise to anyone who knows me.) I can't remember whether I quit Girl Scouts or was thrown out. Probably both.
6. No matter how many times I clean up, I am cluttered again within 24 hours. At most.
7. My happiest job was as a promotion copywriter for a computer magazine. My worst job was as a personal shopper for Macy's.
8. I've been married for 23 years -- to my second husband.
9. I believe I was French in another life because when I am in France, I feel as though I have come home. I have always regretted not staying when I was living there 40 years ago. But that's another story...
10. I flunked 8th grade sewing and hate sewing to this day. So why am I working in fiber?
11. My 7th grade teacher gave me a "C" on a tree I drew the first day of class, told me I couldn't draw, and I never took another art class. I still can't draw, but I have finally realized that doesn't prevent me from being an artist.
12. Indian food is my favorite. I could eat it every day. Middle Eastern is second.
13. I am finding this difficult.
14. I listen exclusively to classical music when I work. or silence.
15. When nobody leaves comments on my blog I feel inexplicably sad and let down: especially after I see they have been reading for 15 minutes. Even a 'hi, I was here and today's post was boring' is better than nothing. I shall have to ask my therapist about this.
16. I have never taken an art course, except art history.
17. The first year of my first marriage I refused to have a tv. After Kennedy was assasinated we moved in with my parents for a week so we could watch. Then we bought one. I still don't watch tv. The last time I watched the news was in the aftermath of 9/11. I did not put on the tv to see the Katrina news: I get my news from National Public Radio and the NY Times.
18. When I need to de-stress, I iron.
19. I am a compulsive book-buyer and reader who has not read the DaVinci Code and does not care to. Give me a good British police procedural that is well-written and has characters that are developed and I'm happy!
20. I'd rather be downstairs in my dye/print studio than almost anything else.