Friday, January 05, 2007

unseasonably warm

It's going to be in the 60's today in New Jersey -- and the small drizzle doesn't dampen the pleasure of warm weather in January. Short term good/long term bad - and I suppose we'll get zonked when winter finally hits us -- but for now, nice. While I was in the process of making some new postcards of my own, yesterday, I received this in the e-mail from Vivika DeNegre, who makes beautiful cards. She's making one a week; I wish I could be that ambitious. She made this one with a combination of fabric she had printed in the workshop she took with me, and some fabric I had printed and handed out. It made me smile, so I wanted to share it with you. This morning I am off to the doctor for my six-year checkup. It's always a little nerve-wracking, but I am taking a deep breath. Then, for most of the rest of the day -- paperwork, and maybe if I manage my time well, some creative stuff. Cheers!

3 comments:

Sue B said...

What a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Love that card. It is unseasonably cold and frainy hee in Portland - they say it is el nino.

Gerrie said...

That anonymous person was me!! Forgot to add my link!!

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...