Sunday, January 28, 2007

miscellaneous

Marty and I spent the day schlepping whatever we could carry, over to the studio and up the very long flight of stairs to the second floor. More of same tomorrow - but by myself. So, I guess I'll be getting my cardio workout. Tonight, I vowed to get this room into some kind of order. "You only live once, but if you do it right, it's enough." I found this fortune as I was combing through the piles of paper and fabric. Made me smile. I threw away mucho stuffo and shoved anything I couldn't decide what to with, into a drawer. Do you know that trick? if you don't see it, it doesn't exist. Since I am taking my two 6' tables to the studio, I brought the 5' one downstairs so I could print at home (hey - it's winter and if it is snowing, forget going out.) So this little bitty, totally inadequate 30"x24" tablette is all that's left for cutting fabric upstairs. Well, at least you can walk from one side of the room to the other. The overflowing bins to the left will soon be organized; I have 8 more of them being delivered from Staples tomorrow. I actually took a lot of fabric off the wall, but here are two pieces I put up, for a change of scene. The one on the left was a demo piece at my last workshop. With that, I am done for tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so excited! I haven't seen the studio painted! I'm moving in today! Thanks for posting on my blog! I'm gonna spend some time on yours reading. Can't wait to meet you and everyone else! See you later!-Claire

TB said...

What wonderful fabrics. I'm drawn to reds, and these have depth and interest.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...