Thursday, January 25, 2007

honestly, I am too tired to blog

Anyway, today was boring. I was in the house all day but finally went out tonight, when it was 13 degrees, to go to a critique meeting of the art group (not fiber) I belong to. Everybody's got the same issues about selling their work and reaching an audience; people have solo shows and nothing sells, etc. etc. It ain't just us. Stopped at Whole Foods on the way home to stock up on Brie, goat cheese, crackers, kalamata olives, meyer lemons, nonfat yogurt, pressed fig & almond stuff,and shortbread. What kind of weird shopping basket was that? When I got home, there were two messages urging me to eat on the South Beach Diet, one e-mail from Weight Watchers inviting me to a meeting, something from Rachel Ray, junk mail from the Wine Spectator, and something from Cooking Light. Do you think somebody is trying to tell me something?? Enough - I am going to fall into bed. Tomorrow morning, I will finally get to the new studio to see what it looks like with the walls up. I'll post pix.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd "buy" your shopping basket in a heart beat! It all sounds good to a gal in the woods.

Debra said...

I love your shopping basket! And I'd do a similar thing... except for the brie. (not that I don't love it, I just cannot eat it).

Anonymous said...

Yum, I'm on my way over for a snack.

Anonymous said...

Rayna....how sweet of you to mention meeting me at the NJ Quilt Festival. I enjoyed meeting you and chatting with you as well....and in what better place than in Usha's booth....amidst all those beautiful Handloom Batiks! AND your beautiful wallhanging that I love so much! I also love the new traditional log cabin you did for Usha...I am looking forward to seeing it at her booth in some show or other sometime. Usha is the sweetest lady. I check your blog very often hoping to see something you are working on. I love your work and you have been an inspiration to me. Thank you! Susan Collesidis

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...