Monday, January 21, 2008

sow's ear

That's what I call this piece, which I just finished stitching. I am rather pleased with the way it turned out, despite the fact that it is not typical of what I do anymore. But I need to be doing mindless work these days. The border, btw, is not red, no matter what your monitor says. It is salmon.

I am not sure that you can see the stitching from here, but it makes a difference of sorts. I am on a mission, as I may have mentioned before, to simplify my stitching and not agonize over how I should stitch a piece when it is done. Getting there, bit by bit.

Cleaned up my room again for a change today because I couldn't think straight. This is mess.
This is a less mess, but much better. The table is moved, the design wall is clean, and I can think. As you can see, Sow's Ear is on the table. This gives me the illusion of working.
Actually, I have spent the weekend putting together a lecture in Powerpoint which I can then show on my new digital projector instead of using slides. A pricey but convenient way to give slide lectures. Tonight, I tried out my new projector. It is cute and small and I should be able to travel with it easily.

3 comments:

Helen Cowans said...

The digital projectors are wonderful! I got one in October for my talks. Worth the investment :) Glad your studio looks like mine - used :)

PaMdora said...

very cool transformation!

Gerrie said...

I like it. I am working at simplifying my quilting, too, and I am musch happier with it. And the border is salmon on my monitor.

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...