Saturday, January 05, 2008

it feels like a Sunday

My sense of time has fled into that gray area where people with confusion and early dementia live. Is it contagious? No, it is a result of sleep deprivation for the first 5 days of 2008. Oh, good grief - if today felt like Sunday, I have to go through it again tomorrow, which begins in 15 minutes here on the Right Coast. There is something peaceful about the house after everyone has gone to sleep (everyone in this case, being the only other resident). Sitting in silence, I am working my way through "Behind the Scenes at the Museum," a strange book that is clever and hilarious and has me in its grip. Tonight, I sliced about 4" from an already finished piece of work because I decided the composition would be stronger. I put the facings back and now have to sew them down. Progress. I trimmed another piece that looked completely lopsided. It is better, and now I can put a few more stitches in and deal with facings on THAT one. Finally, I have stopped dithering about a piece that has been on my wall for ages. I sewed it together and will now put it away and move on. Maybe someday I'll take it out again and either take it apart again or finish it. It needs a rest and so do I. More, tomorrow.

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

Ha!! I thought it was Sunday, too. There have been too many 4 day week-ends and I am totally confused. However, I am happy to have Sunday come again tomorrow. Oh, and I am not sleep deprived.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rayna

So glad that Marty is doing better and your life is getting a bit quieter -- maybe time for the muse to come out and play. I'd love you to post the highlights of your blog for the year, if you get time. I may have missed something I wish I'd read. At least I'd have a list! I'm off to Connecticut tomorrow though Kennedy, but no time for a detour unfortunately!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...