Wednesday, October 27, 2010

two more scarves done

It was hot and rainy today - probably 75 degrees; I changed to a short sleeved t-shirt before I went out. Crazy! Also, with all the heaters and fans going to get rid of the dampness, it is about 85 degrees in this house. I have the doors and windws open, but it is muggy.

I stole a couple of hours in the studio this afternoon and printed a couple of graffiti scarves. They pretty much express how I was feeling today. 

Brought my dyes home because tomorrow I'm not sure whether I will get to the studio.

 Tonight, I came across these relics: 1958, I think for the fallout shelter booklet. And 1961 for what to eat in the bomb shelter - LOL.  Ah, the simplicity of the Cold War.  We were still in the age of innocence.


5 comments:

Judy said...

Love those scarves!!
You know, I remember those pamphlets like it was yesterday! I'm sure my parents had them both. And you are so very right: the age of innocence!

xo

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

Scarves look great... do you remember learning to duck and cover in case of a nuclear attack. One can never be too careful.

Marilyn League said...

And above all--wear your nicest apron while fixing dinner in the bomb shelter.

Eva said...

very fine prints! The top one reminds me of my snake skin patterns.

Diana Hayes said...

Rayna, makes me wonder if I could still fit under a desk with a built in inkwell!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...