Monday, January 17, 2011

Horoscope on target again!

You may be feeling jittery, yet increasing your physical activity doesn't seem to do anything to settle your nerves. Unfortunately, you won't be able to work off your excess energy. 
(Not that I was planning on exercising today, anyway but it's good to know it would have been a waste of time).
Instead, you may be better off by pursuing self-expression through creative endeavors now. Rather than trying to prove yourself by being productive, focus on something that brings you pleasure. You can always pick up your work tomorrow where you left off today.
Strangely enough, I have been doing mostly nothing and I am working on Emma's quilt which brings me pleasure.  Besides, the carpet installers are here and my sister-in-law Irene is coming over this afternoon. I was not planning on doing any work-work today, in any case.

Later...   
This was actually yesterday.  I was making dinner and the bambis were out in force. This is the first time we've seen them since that Christmas blizzard.  This guy in the first picture just stood there and had a staring contest with me. He was not the least bit rattled by my camera.  There were a whole bunch of them.  One behind him and one behind the tree in this shot.


                                         They were faster than my camera lens.

                                        The one on the right looks almost wolf-like.  I guess they finally got hungry enough to come out and forage. Not much on those bushes, which they dine on all year 'round.


There was lots of commotion here today but now the stairs are carpeted in lovely gray instead of disgusting white with gray shmutz.  Next week, I hope, the basement.  My sewing room is another story. Where am I going to put all this stuff::::????

Last night my computer told me the startup drive was full, so I started deleting some of the thousands of photos in iPhoto.  Along the way, I found this picture, which I must have taken  last year in Fla. Obviously a carpet in some public space. Very cool; I wonder whether it is an original design for this particular carpet...  One does become cynical.



Tomorrow, back to working on my article and a bunch of other business details. Snow & ice in the forecast again so crit group was rescheduled. It looks like this will be our winter - nonstop!



4 comments:

Susan Ettl said...

Occasionally we do see deer in our neighborhood; but never in my backyard. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.

Cathy Bargar said...

What kind of quilt are you making for Emma? Here's a link to Sylvia's, as well as some of my thoughts about making baby quilts:
http://cathybargar.blogspot.com/2011/01/sylvias-stars_18.html

How old is Emma now? Is she "allowed" to have a quilt in bed with her? I'd love to see what you're working on!

Linda Dunn said...

I remember a Sunday Times Magazine article, years ago, that called deer "rats with hooves." My mom, a gardener, came to feel that way. Still, they are are so graceful...

resume writer said...

Nice post! Thanks a lot.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...