Because I have to empty this room at home to get new carpeting and then have it painted, I have to get all my STUFF out of here and into the studio. So I decided today while I was there to reorganize. I spent most of my time putting labels on the tops of dye jars and paint jars, moving the dyes to one shelf, and sorting fabric. I even through out some nearly empty paint jars that were gunky. Big step! Now the place is a worse mess than it was when I walked in, but it always gets worse before it gets better.
Last night I sewed -therapy sewing -- trust me, it works -- just making random blocks and throwing them into a plastic box. We'll see what develops.
Tonight, I made an example for a class I'm going to teach: Cinderella Quilts: Reinventing the UFO.
I have to send it to the guild so they can show it to their members and they'll get the point of the class. Of course, this is not a sample that anybody can possible copy - but it is just an example (I should use that word instead of sample) of what can be done. I'm still on this ugly block kick and am having fun with it.
Here's what I did tonight.
I will admit it's a big nerve-wracking to play around and at the same time worry about whether other people (aka prospective students) will like what I did with something. But I'm pretty happy with this transformation. Tomorrow, it goes in the mail. I love teaching this class!