Sunday, December 20, 2009

cookie monster

I'm telling you - today I made soup and baked cookies. Mushroom barley soup which has no recipe, but which is one of the world's best soups (at least, when I make it - LOL). Tonight I made these wonderful oatmeal/raisin/walnut/cranberry/potato chip cookies, for which I had mixed the dough this morning. I put most of them in the freezer so at least when Jessica is here she will have some goodies. Between cookies, I played around with the THING on the wall, which is now becoming an army of things because I have split up the pieces and who knows where they will end up? This is only one of about 17,000 different auditions I have played with tonight and I am sure that tomorrow, it will have transmuted into something else. Some of you have said you liked watching my process: it is both liberating and frustrating at the same time, but I would not know any other way to work. This always allows me to ask "what if?" and to act on it immediately. My digital camera is my best friend.

16 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

With those colors you definitely have the befinning of a "Kay" quilt!

Eva said...

It's on the way. Love to see the progress.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I definitely agree about the camera. What a boon to be able to record your iterations, study them, restore the composition if you have changed it... I don't know how I lived without mine!
BTW, the cookies look yummy!

Libby Fife said...

I have been lurking for some time...:)

I like this variation best so far but know it will change!

I also tried the shortbread recipe and the cookies were pretty tasty. I had a mixture of Christmas tree shapes and Stars of David!

Beverly said...

Nothing better on a cold winter day than baking and having soup or stew on the stove.

I love watching the different iterations- this one says Rayna to me more than some of the others- although I did love your minimalist one!

Hope you stay warm and cozy this week--

Anonymous said...

I LIKE this.

Anonymous said...

rayna, this one's a KEEPER, IMHO! Debbie Bein

Unknown said...

My camera is welded to my right hand, pretty much 24/7. I love the color palette of this "thing"... how's it make YOU feel? ;)

Cate Rose said...

I love this piece, Rayna, or section or whatever. Actually I think it could stand on its own. And I, too, love watching your process. Hope you have a warm, productive day! Hugs.

Judy said...

Oh yes!!! I think you're on to something now Rayna!
Will you share the cookie recipe PLEASE! It sounds yummy and Mr Fun wants to bake cookies! Yayy!

xo

Karoda said...

you can keep the snow but hand over the cookies ;)

Rita said...

Hi Rayna,
OK - you've done it! I actually want to cook something ('tis the season of miracles). I'd love to have your recipe for your mushroom/barley soup (you just have to write it down) and your recipe for miso soup. Love the piece you're working on! Rita from Grand Junction.

Barbara said...

So glad to find your through Terry. The cookies look great! Do you post recipes?

I look forward to following your current quilt project.

kathy said...

Love the reds and greens together Rayna. It is quite lovely...it's quiet and calm...I like it.

jude said...

what if is the best!

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

I like this 'thing' a lot!!!!!! Very contemporary looking.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...