Tuesday, December 08, 2009

time out of hand

Or maybe it's time management that is out of hand. Today, I am making a to-do list and between today and tomorrow, I need to get everything checked off. I just read something that said "do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do." The have-to list is very long; the want-to list has one item on it.Apologies to you for the bad photo, taken in a room with no lights, using my iPhone so I didn't have to get out of my chair, and apologies to Ms. Closet for the fuzz and threads on my wall she finds so distressing. The block in the upper left is just that -- a block, about 6" x 9" and I want to see if anything interesting will emerge by combining it with whatever else I find in my disaster of a sewing room/office. As you know, minimalist R not us -- and it still has to look like my work, so this is a challenge. But it will have to wait. I am working at home today and I have a to-do list to make.

11 comments:

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

Will be fun to watch this grow.

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

this has alot of possibilities

Mostly Turquoise said...

Rayna,

I can imagine something beautiful emerge, love the fabrics and colors.

Regina SXM

Gerrie said...

Lots of possibilities, but it is not you - so right.

Debra Dixon said...

My bet when all is said and done that it will look lik eyour work. How could it look like anything else?

Eva said...

The "looks like me" aspect is what comes automatically. I gave up thinking about it. It is like thinking of your feet while dancing.

Anonymous said...

Put them together as they are ..you have a piece of beautiful art there.

Sujatha said...

You guessed it ..thats me ..I dont know my comp is really weird these days ..has a mind of its own...

Diane Cransac said...

The have-to's always overwhelm the want-to's don't they?

Judy said...

I like your quote and need to make a sign to remind me early and often!
Sounds like you are stressing a lot right now. Let that piece do its own thing.......it will come back to you!

xo

Unknown said...

Well I'm excited about how you've started this piece. Great quote and seems to be the way I'm doing things lately; getting the "need to do" things out of the way first.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...