Saturday, December 05, 2009

winter

Good grief, I hear the snow plow! Considering that it was 57 degrees yesterday, this is somewhat annoying. Huge flakes fell all day and we cancelled plans to go out - not because it would have been a problem driving, but because we are wimps who didn't want to go out in the nasty weather. It is hot cocoa weather. Here comes the plow again. Bleh. I just grabbed my camera to see what I could capture from the front steps and here is what I got as the plow went by. Nope, it's not manipulated in Photoshop - this is just as it came from the camera. Sigh...just as I thought my photographic skills were improving.There is not much snow, but it is wet and slushy and who knows what it will be by morning? Fortunately, it is Jessica's father's turn to drive Tommy and her into the city, where they will stay in a borrowed ap't in Manhattan for a week (or more??) I will miss the laughter and company. But I look forward to Jessica's return on Dec. 23 when Tommy leaves for Wisconsin to visit his family for the week. I am debating whether to keep working or to give it up till tomorrow. This is what is on my wall at the moment.There was another square-ish bit of fabric, but it fell off and I couldn't be bothered to retrieve it. Guess that means I am done for the evening.

9 comments:

Gerrie said...

Interesting comment there. You have been spammed. LOL Just keep the snow out there.

Diane Cransac said...

I have to admit I'm feeling the exact oppisite from you right now. I want it to snow! Great big piles of it. I havent really been around snow for years except the brief snowstorm last year at the family's house in Moirax. At least I can see the snow on the mmountains. It's a partial answer :)

jude said...

i like your square.

Sujatha said...

I like it..abstract ..but I know it is reaching out...And ..no I am not looking fwd to the SNOW!!!!I have a feeling the snow might ice over on my driveway...everybody else' looks neat..what did they do???

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I like your start! Can't wait to see how it progresses...
We have snow coming tomorrow and for most of next week, and our Son & dil are driving in from Las Vegas... good thing he's a good driver, and I'm glad it's them not us! We may have to have them park at the highway and hike in, as we are on unpaved, unplowed roads in our neck of the woods...

Judy said...

we even had snow forecasted for here....can you believe it! Fortunately Mother Nature thought better of it, but it is mighty cold! We managed to bundle up and go across the street for Margaritas and Chile Rellenos, but that was it.
I'm interested in seeing where you go with this piece!

xo

Diana Parkes said...

No snow here! It is summer in New Zealand, which means our Christmases are warm and sunny. Love that new piece, don't do anything more to it!

Eva said...

I love the contrast of dark indigo and brillant orange. It is like sunshine and stormy clouds.
I'm grateful for not having snow yet. Much easier for my dh to drive to work.

Unknown said...

The photo may not be what you intended but it has great potential. The start of a fabric quilt perhaps.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...