Monday, December 28, 2009

I spent the afternoon

or at least 2 hours of it, going through my blog from day one to see if I could tag some recipes for you. Got through half of 2007 and that was enough for one day! Thanks for all your feedback and support -I don't think I've been able to answer all of you individually, so groupthank from me and hugs, too. On the up side, you can now find the cookie crescents and other things if you scroll down to labels and click. Ha - I think I have posted them at least twice! Ditto for the brown sugar shortbreads. I think I need a few new scenes in my act. On the down side - I found my posts from 2006-07 much more interesting than the ones that came after. (Maybe that's because I haven't gotten to the later ones yet). Around 5:00 I went outside with the camera because the sky was just lovely. Here's Marty, peering and wondering what on earth I am doing outside in the dark with bare feet and a camera. If I don't pull down the shades, everybody who passes by can see me working. Oops! This scene needs no introduction. There were about 500 white-tailed deer galloping through the forest, but I missed them. (well, mabe 20).After dinner I got back to my therapy sewing and this is what is on my wall as I go to bed. I haven't the vaguest idea where I am going with them. I will just keep sewing and sewing. Tomorrow, back to the City. The problem is that the Park Ave. neighborhood where we are going is just too boring for good photos. G'night.

8 comments:

Judy said...

We also had deer visiting yesterday, but not 20, only 2. Don't you love looking into lighted windows at night....not staring, but just seeing vignettes of the lives of others.
I like your therapy sewing....the strong red is good!

xo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day. I love the product of your therapy sewing!!Seems like stairs ascending towards the unknown infinity....

Sujatha said...

I am so sorry..I dont know what happens...I am wondering if it is a mistake I make every time..is it possible??? I really dont know how teh unknown button gets hit!!! ITs ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am not anonymous.

Eva said...

I used to feel a little unsure about starting a task without planning or sketching, without knowing at all where it would lead me, like you do with your therapy strips (reminding me of the evening sky in the same posting). Now I found out that it brings about some of the best results. Maybe because there is no way to escape.

Anonymous said...

An afternoon well spent! I found a lot more of your recipes that I had not seen before or had forgotten. You went to a lot more trouble than I expected with the cross referencing and all. But I believe you are holding out on us with the pecan pie recipe.
Have you sussed out the perfect one yet?
:Diane

laura c-w said...

dear Rayna, just stopped by to say you are in my thoughts... read back a couple of posts and must also say this:
for each single person that unsubscribes you have many more readers who appreciate you letting them into your life: cooking as art, as therapy is good. Recipes are good. we love them.
just be yourself, everyone else is taken. you are loved.

Barbara said...

I think I'd be afraid to go back and read my earlier posts!

What will ultimately happen to your current art project? Will it be a wall hanging?

Isn't Park Ave. right next to Central Park? I would think there's plenty of good photo ops there.

Rayna said...

Diane - anything for my dear, loyal readers.

Barbara - I don't know what those strips will be. I need a lot of therapy these days, so that's what they are. I never make anything will an idea in mind: they will tell me what they want to be when they grow up and we will collaborate and figure it out as we go along. ("we" being the fabric and me).

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...