Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011

As I began this post, it was eleven minutes into the new year.  For the past two years I remember that I was happy to see them gone and just knew things would be better in the new year ahead. I will not make that prediction for 2011 -- although there are some good things on the horizon.

I have work in 5 exhibits between now and April, 2011- and happily, nobody wanted the same pieces as anybody else.  Form not Function at the Carnegie Center opens on Friday, Jan 7 and I wish I could be there. It is the only entry deadline I made last year and my piece, Broken Dreams will be in the show.

The other four are curated and/or invitationals and all are listed in my sidebar. There is one more in the works that I can't list yet.

More good things coming:

Jessica's book, Be Your Own Best Publicist, is being released January 20. 
This is a perfect gift for job-hunters (I have pre-ordered one for the daughter of a friend of mine), anybody who is in his/her own business, or anybody who wants to be promoted or get a raise.

Miss Miracle Baby will be one year old on February 18.

I will be in Paducah from March 6-13 and will probably teach a class or two while I am there.
At this moment, the plan is for Monoprinting with a Gelatin Plate and Layering with Thermofax Screens.
Both classes are terrific for artists who work on paper as well as those who work on fabric.   Let me know if you want details.

The mountains of snow are starting to melt, although you wouldn't know it from this photo I took yesterday with my iPhone.  Fuzzy but you get the idea.  This man is almost six feet tall.
It is New Year's Day. The sun is out, my sewing room is relatively neat, and I am off to the kitchen to treat myself to an omelette and a good pot of coffee.  Happy New Year to all of you - my wishes for a healthy, happy, productive year ahead.

7 comments:

Cathy Bargar said...

Just a Happy New Year note, and a comment about how adorable the Divine Miss Emma is! I join you in hoping that 2011 will be a good one - although I too have given up predicting these things.

Gerrie said...

Happy New Year Rayna. Just want to let you know how much I love calling you a good friend. Thank you for all your support this past year. Wishing you joy in the new year.

Del said...

Hope you enjoyed the omelet, but I hope you weren't eating it at eleven minutes past midnight! I have been concerned at your silence... hope all is well. AND that the New Year will bring lovely surprises. [federi]

quilthexle said...

Happy New Year to you, too! Looks like a busy 2011 for you - and a great one ;-))

Eva said...

Isn't it a great feelings to have projects ahead -- especially if you love the job? Hope that it all will work out fine for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year..it sounds as if it's going to be a busy one!

Cindy Cooksey said...

I've been staring agape at all the snow in your photos. Wow. Deconstructed snow dyeing, anyone? Happy 2011, Rayna.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...