Sunday, March 26, 2006

apple cinnamon

It's not a flavor - it's a color! Fashionistas can look forward to such apparel hues as golden ochre, purple magic, and bijou blue. If you want to have some fun, read the fashion color projections for Fall 2006. I would love to have the job of dreaming up names for the colors - almost as much fun as writing copy for a menu. In fact, apple cinnamon is described as a tea color. Huh? Over the weekend, my very own fashion plates were in my kitchen painting their shirts. Josh's color choice looks remarkably like bijou blue, so he'll be right in style next fall. After the boys left yesterday, I went back to the dye studio - remembering that it was their father (my son-in-law) who gave me my first dyes: plastic baggies from Dharma left over from when he was tie-dyeing Grateful Dead t-shirts in college. I've long since used them up, but I remember how excited I was to get his hand-me-up dyes. I don't think a single thing I've dyed this weekend will make it onto the runways next fall. Wrong colors. On another subject, I am up to page 22 in The View from the Studio Door and have just come to the question: What is Art? Extremely pertinent in view of the carping that has been on the QuiltArt list this past week. But I am on my way to bed and hope to get back to Ted Orland's food for thought tomorrow.

1 comment:

lizzieb said...

what wonderful colors! I want, I want , I want....

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...