Tuesday, March 07, 2006

blah blah blah

This picture doesn't really convey the color accurately, but it does show the additional layers I achieved this afternoon on the original fabric (see earlier post). So has it been saved? Not yet, but it's getting there. The colors are still too cool for my taste: I am a warm color person and am on an especially warm color binge this week. After I worked with the above salvage project, I went to work with my new tjap on a piece of light blue fabric I had dyed the other day. I can see that the Bali batikers have nothing to fear from me. I really like this tjap, though, and will have to see what else I can do with it. This will show you what I mean about being on a warm color binge. Here is what is on my wall tonight. I already have a name for whatever this will become. Watch this space. Goodness, it is already midnight. How did that happen? Beauty sleep awaits.

6 comments:

Karoda said...

Rayna, these are fabulous! The transparency effect with the cool coloured one was well achieved! I mean it actually looks transparent versus designs stacked on top. Have you been approached to design fabrics?

Gerrie said...

I so want to play in the studio with you some day!!

Shirley Goodwin said...

I love that abstract tjap with the lines, Rayna. It gives a great result.

Rayna said...

Gerrie - I'll be on Whidbey Island, WA in May '07.

Shirley, I like it also, I really do prefer the abstract designs but will keep the others for my workshops.

Joanne S said...

The "to remain Nameless" piece is lovely. I like all your work.

I too would remodel the kitchen. To reheat soup. And extend the house on the south side for a studio--for me. Oh, and travel with my husband who will no longer have to work just to qualify for health insurance.

jenclair said...

Oh, yes. Beautiful stuff. Again. And you have so much fun doing it!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...