Thursday, March 02, 2006

gifts in the mail

This gorgeous tjap, about 6"x6" which I purchased on ebay for a huge bargain price, arrived today. It was so inexpensive that I consider it a gift. I was unexpectedly taken with its beauty -- it is so unlike me: traditionally pretty rather than the quirky, more abstract pieces I usually prefer. I just love it - and just need to find the time to use it. I have to get busy to catch up with Cathy, who has been busy printing beautiful fabric, too. Speaking of fabric, I will be putting my art cloth up on my website and some of it will be available for purchase. (No, Mary, not THAT one.) So, tonight I have to measure and see how much I have of what. Yes, it snowed today. Not a huge amount, but sleety and sloppy, so I did not go to the Mancuso show. Tomorrow. Marty closed the office and came home by lunchtime to work on our taxes. I was happy that I had done my own work at the computer this morning because it was somewhat inconvenient this afternoon to print remotely from my laptop. Not only that, i couldn't be downstairs working with dyes because it is in the same space as the computer and I can't work while Marty is swearing at the computer.

5 comments:

Cathy Kleeman said...

Oh man, color me green with envy.

Mandi aka Fabric Princess said...

wow wow wow! Every time I look at those on ebay they're not such a bargian! I bet you'll do some gorgeous stuff with that!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Looking forward to seeing some work with the new tjap, Rayna. I have some coming from Australia, but not as intricate.

Diane Doran said...

I can't wait to see what you produce with that tjap, Rayna.

Rayna said...

Oh, the pressure....! I'll see what I can do. One thing I've learned about intricate/heavy tjaps is that they hold a lot of wax: so much, in fact, that you often get blobs before you get to the pattern. It is easier with the simple ones.
Shirley - when you get your tjaps, please post them on your website.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...