Tuesday, March 02, 2010

the big meltdown

 If all this snow we have were to melt at one time, we would drown.  Fortunately, it is going slowly.  We're inching toward Spring; the sun was warm today despite the cool air and we're getting there drop by drop.

I wish I could remember what I was going to write about tonight. Something I read today triggered a train of thought that went off the rails somewhere along the line. Uh oh.

In the meantime, remember this from yesterday? I knew it needed something, so this morning, out came the screen and the paints again.  I left the fabric to dry while I went out for the afternoon's activities.

 and here is a detail -- approximately the bottom 3/5ths of the picture.  I cannot bear to put a thread into it.  I don't
think it needs to be stitched; it has enough dimension.  I will have to figure out how to present it and how much of it to present!

I improved on some other pieces this morning, too. But they don't show up well in photos.  Tomorrow, the studio!

18 comments:

Gerrie said...

Love it. I will be interested in how you finish it.

Eva said...

A forest... this pleases my heart. Prints can do without stitching, I guess; it doesn't contribute much to their usability.

Libby Fife said...

You are right, I think it is better. Very assertive and a different feeling.

patstudio said...

yes and will be intriguing with stitching....beautiful

Judy said...

Love this! Went to breakfast after I first started reading your post and when I came back and looked at your prints from across the room, I was totally awestruck! Fabulous Rayna!

xo

Anonymous said...

Yes, I like how this is progressing very much...I plan on doing the same to all my commercial fabrics...some. day.

wlstarn said...

looks like lovely fall trees to me. Very nice.

Debra Dixon said...

Really changed the look of that piece!

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

Looks great as is... how large is it? That will help you to determine how to finish it.

Diana Parkes said...

Hi Rayna: love this piece, most successful.

Anonymous said...

I see an abstract cityscape. Love it.

Unknown said...

Abstraction of trees with buildings behind? Who cares? It's a winner. I'd mount it on a wrap canvas or a board.

Del said...

Awesome fabric. Awesome Rayna.

Diane Wright said...

I THOUGHT it looked pretty darn good yesterday. It is dynamite today.

Barbara said...

Quite amazing to see the progression!

Cathy said...

Rayna This is fabulous, such depth now.

Linda Branch Dunn said...

Matt it and call it art. It is.

We have snow drops up in Cambridge.

JillW said...

That last layer really made a difference! I've had this up on my monitor for two days now, trying to absorb the lesson. :-)

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...