Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TMF

Too Much Food.  That's always how it is at a seder. And after the service and the meal, who has room for dessert? Uh - everybody.
Well, almost everybody. Some people skipped the meal and opted for happy dreams instead.
 My kids made the desserts -- Anne Marie's flourless choc cake is outstanding, with fresh berries, and real whipped cream made at the last minute. Jeremy's chocolate (and white-choc) covered strawberries and marshmallows were so elegant and professional that you can't believe they are house-made. Hilary's chocolate mousse pie was a hit with Marty, and her mandel bread, chocolate-covered matzo bits and toffee were terrific. 
I made two round-trips to Brooklyn in the past 48 hours. Yesterday, I was behind this truck at a light on Flatbush Ave. Made me smile.
 
Today, stopped at another light, coming off the Manhattan Bridge I noticed this Chinatown landmark, now marred by a Starbucks.

The pouring rain let up just enough for me to drive in with minimum angst but it poured again and I was lucky to be going home in the opposite direction from a multi-car pile up on one of the NJ bridges.  I was happy to get home.

In the category of never-a-dull-moment, we will have houseguests again tomorrow night.  Our Bethesda Gillman grandkids have the week off, so they and their parents will arrive just in time for dinner (which we will order in). There is a pizza place in the next town which is making matzo pizza. Sounds vile.

The rain is supposed to go away and the weekend will be lovely.  By that time, I will be in another country and miss the few days of sun we will have had so far this year in NJ.

13 comments:

Eva said...

Happy Pessach to all of you!

Eva said...

Your Grandchild smiles like the Buddha himself. Irrestistable!

Beverly said...

She looks so calm and peaceful in her mom's arms- and those desserts looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

The desserts were nice to think about but those photos of your beautiful granddaughter are just scrumptiliumptious. She is pretty enough to satisfy any sweet tooth.

Terry Grant said...

OMG! That baaaaaaaaby! Can you just not get enough of that sweetness?

We are going to have another grandbaby in August. I can hardly wait.

Gerrie said...

I am so jealous of the baby grandchild. She is so adorable. I have done lots of things with matzo, but not pizza!!

Karen said...

Matzo pizza! Yuck. I'm glad you had a good Pesach with the new grand baby. Have a great time in Canada.

kathy said...

Sweet smiling baby picture...have fun on your trip..I'll see you in Indiana in May. :=)

Unknown said...

okay, we need to hear about the matzo pizza, or did you not try it? oh my, but your family does food well. sounds divine. Your daughter's smile and the peaceful look on her precious daughter's face are sweeter than any dessert. Have a safe trip!

Barbara said...

Sounds like a very successful seder. I think I'll pass on the matzo pizza, but who knows it might be the thinnest crust ever! :)

Ruth Anne said...

What a blessing. That sweet and beautiful baby looks so happy and peaceful.

Minka said...

Happy Pesach! What lovely punim!

Judy said...

What a doll baby!!!

xo

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...